Japanese app for iPhone and iPad
7936 ratings )
Current version: 4.2
, last update: 7 months ago
First release : 15 Sep 2008
App size: 326.09 Mb
Japanese is the ultimate study companion for any Japanese language learner. Japanese is comprehensive, with over 175,000 dictionary entries and 58,000 example sentences, and fits perfectly in your pocket. It comes complete with references, flashcard study tools and all you need to master the Japanese language. Japanese runs offline, allowing you to learn on the go, wherever you go.
• Japanese’s search engine is unparalleled in its speed, returning the most relevant results for your search as you type.
• Search from over 175,000 words and 58,000 example sentences.
• Handwriting recognition: Write any kanji in any stroke order and have Japanese decipher and display the most likely kanji or kana.
• Conjugation Search: Search a word in any conjugation to get a complete dictionary entry for that word.
• Text Reader: Struggling with a website or text message? Input long text and see it translated into its constituent parts.
• Flashcards: Easy-to-use flashcard study with study reminders and social elements that allow you to share your lists with friends.
• Text-to-Speech: Learn a word’s pronunciation.
• JLPT: Tests aren’t everything. But for those seeking to master the JLPT, Japanese has dedicated study lists.
WORK WITH IT
• Intuitive user interface: Find the information you need, when you need it.
• Split View: Use Japanese simultaneously with other applications on your iPad or large screen Apple device with Split View.
• Custom Content: Create your own lists, labels, history, folders and notes to help organise your studies.
• Sharing: Share Lists with Family, Friends and Study Buddies via AirDrop, Messages or Email.
• Import: Easily import your data from other Japanese language learning apps such as Imiwa, Midori and Nihongo, Rikaichan.
• Backup & Restore: Never worry about loosing your data with Japanese’s in-app backup and restore features.
Pros and cons of Japanese app for iPhone and iPad
Japanese app good for
Ive tried pretty much every the dictionaries available, and i can tell this one is the best so far...it has everything!
there is only problem though, sometimes added words in the vocabulary list just vanish...its most likely to do it if 2 words begin by the same letter.
hope theyll fix that soon.
Ok, so this is the most complete dictionary, its features are amazing. In a nutshell, it has it all. One feature that would truly make it a must-have would be an option to see the words used in a sentence. Keep up the excellent work!
Japanese speakers got even better with version 2.0.
Flashcards, furigana, sample sentence : all the new features are useful and executed with the same brio than features available in version 1.
One of the best app for non native
Honestly, the best ever! Improving all the time! Youre reaching excellence!
I use it everday - its the most usefull nihongo study item I own and I have tons of books and software.
its fast, contains all the info and data you might need wether you are a beginner or an expert, contains an exellent flash card quizzer and flag and lists that are amazing
dont waste time or money on other apps - this is the graal, and its getting better all the time!
Please release the iPad version. IPadのウップデートお願いします‼
Some bad moments
Japanese cards from study like before?
Lastly, my custom lists seem to be bugged: the "begin" icon is grey and it wont allow me to start studying.
Im not a fan of the new version. What happened to all those great lists that came with the app before? Onomatopeia expressions? The list of counter phrases? Proverbs? I dont see them anywhere.
Furthermore, there dont seem to be any settings for studying other than assigning colors to categories. Why cant I opt to remove the English-
Cant get the app to start, crashes on startup.. I really hope you can fix this as I use this dictionary on a daily basis.
Frankly for the price I paid for this app I would expect more work put into it. Recently update after update the changes are so small you wonder what the developers do. 6 months to implement iOS7 look and feel is a mockery.
The space for writing the Kanji has become too smal. It was much better in the old version.
Since the last update it crashes on the iPad 3 in the handwriting recognition EVERY SINGLE TIME on the second stroke.
I just updated to iOS 8 and the app is no longer working. If I want to study my list the App crashes.